Sparkfun AVC 2014

Jubbp
Master Maker

Sparkfun AVC 2014

Post by Jubbp » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Check out this from this years Autonomous Vehicle Challenge.

http://hackaday.com/2014/06/24/drones-a ... mpetition/

Wouldn't it be great to run our own events like this one??

seaton
Master Maker

Re: Sparkfun AVC 2014

Post by seaton » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:05 am

Yes held in conjunction with Science spectacular

Jubbp
Master Maker

Post by Jubbp » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:07 am

Not sure what OH&S would say about the autonomous Jeep running around the crowds at the school, but i would be cool to have so many people involved.

Building a vehicle might be a good shared project for our meetings. You had a some RC gear we could use as a starting point did you Steve. We could put a discussion on the agenda for the next meeting on the 12th.

It was pretty cook getting the quadcopter shots live on the stream. Is that similar to what your FPV looks like? (Steve)

parkview
Guru Maker

Post by parkview » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:06 am

yes, I would be interested as well. I think it would be better to hold it as a separate event. That way we could start small and build up over time. I am thinking of the OHS issues too. I think that was one of the learning lessons Sparkfun found. If it's just us, the first event might be just Stephen and Beau ;) That would at least help spur me into action and get me started on building my desert rover.

Date?

Location?

Event types? Land, water, air?

We could also do a special invite to the Artifactory and the West Coast makers. We might not want a general public invite until we have a handle on the OHS & insurance issues. We could start with a private invite only event.

-Paul