Tell us about yourself

Jubbp
Master Maker

Tell us about yourself

Post by Jubbp » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi, my name is Phillip, and I'm a maker.....

Tell us your story, where your from, what you like making, what you're up to at the moment, what are your plans.

DylanM
Maker in Training

Re: Tell us about yourself

Post by DylanM » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Hey,

I'm Dylan,
I'm 13 right now and I'm from Gelorup.
I like working with arty things like 3d modelling and painting; I also like photography and programming.
Right now I have a time lapse project with my RPi and some Garden Cress.
My plans are to join the ADF university to then go to MIT where I can become a software engineer.

:D
I know everything about nothing.

gehenna

Post by gehenna » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:55 am

Hi all, my names Michael 8-)
Im in Australind currently and am very much a geek and love all things IT
currently working for an IT group doing helpdesk and project work
current project is a portable mame box with arcade controls (which i'll post some pics on elsewhere) - i am still tweaking it but is pretty much done
:mrgreen:

Jubbp
Master Maker

Post by Jubbp » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:24 am

Hey, My name's Phillip

Live in Australind, Work as an IT Manager at 2 local schools and a few other businesses around Bunbury.

I enjoy electronics as a hobby, I like reusing old equipment for new projects.
Currently experimenting with Aquaponics in the garden at home.
Learning RaspberryPi and love putting sensors on anything I can make into graphs... :idea:

I also dable in Geocaching, Orienteering and camping.

All of this when I can find time in between the wife and three kids.

phills-profile-image-tiny.jpg
Phillip
phills-profile-image-tiny.jpg (6.17 KiB) Viewed 10260 times

BeJay
Maker

Post by BeJay » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im Bejay - aka Beau.

I used to live in Busso for 20 odd years, so I thought I'd join this group - at some point I'll make it down there again but at the moment I'm busy at work up here in Perth, so hopefully I can help out with some techincal knowhow from my shed (via the internet) and this forum. It's really great to see maker spaces happening, and I wish something like this was around when I was first starting out!

Back in the day I used to do TV/Video repairs (remember those?) in Busso so anything old and even valve like I can help you with. I also have a handle on renewable energy including powering my ute from waste vege oil. I also have an arduino powered aquaponics rig that actually makes food!

At the moment I'm printing a new universal remote based on an ardiuno uno "out of it's box":

My blog is here: http://bjshed.better-than.tv/ for those who are still reading.

Cheers

Beau

ps: The first thing I think you should do with the forum is fix this: Image and make it more SW like! Ok maybe it's a little too early for nit-picking, but at least I don't have to use the gmail group thing to see what's happening, so that is a win ;)
Last edited by BeJay on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jubbp
Master Maker

Post by Jubbp » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Yeah, hi Bejay, we're currently working on a logo and when we've chosen one we'll brand it properly. I've had some ideas but thought others might like some input. There's a thread for it somewhere. :geek:

seaton
Master Maker

Post by seaton » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi my name is Stephen and I'm an alcoholic.....whoops wrong place...

Local to Bunbury, geek at heart and proud of it, into everything technical that I can make myself from 3D Printing, low level Electronics, PCB, embedded controllers (RPi and Arduino mainly), CNC and lately Quadcopters, sort of whatever takes my fancy at the time.

my on and off blog is http://blog.strobotics.com.au (when I get time to update)

I've been really keen to get a maker space up and running for some time as I'm limited on space at home and I would like access to some lovely thinks like laser cutter and CNC.

Stephen...

Jubbp
Master Maker

Post by Jubbp » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Thank you for your courage Steve....

I too would really like to get a space to call our own. :)

Keep you eyes open for opportunities and post a note here or to my email phillip@jubb.info

Also, to sustain a space of our own we will need a significant membership (and/or a significant benefactor)so everybody get out there and spread the word about SWMakers.org :D :D

For those on Facebook, we have a page there too, :o

parkview
Guru Maker

Post by parkview » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:38 pm

gehenna wrote:current project is a portable mame box with arcade controls (which i'll post some pics on elsewhere) - i am still tweaking it but is pretty much done
:mrgreen:

Love to see this at some stage Michael.

parkview
Guru Maker

Post by parkview » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi,

I started pulling apart valve TV's back in the early '70s, along with playing with chemicals, glass blowing and high voltage gear. The folks are amazed I survived my teens. I managed to buy the first computer that came on the market (or at least I saw), in Freo back in 1979 and have never looked back.

Currently I dabble in electronics, programming, 3D printing, native orchids, GIS mapping, wood work and at the moment am a bit obsessed with the Rapberry Pi computer.

Every now and then I list some of my projects here: http://www.bdug.org.au

-Paul

shanevi
Mini-Maker

Post by shanevi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Better do mine now :D

My name is Shane

Electronics since I was 5/6 with DSE Funway 1.
Enjoy astronomy, coding, electronics (FPGA & PIC uContollers)
First hack I remember (that was useful in any way) was adding bank switched 32 RAM to my VC-20 in 1987. (I could do it then as I had no worries of damaging it - which i didn't). Also converted same computer to a semi-portable machine to do auto-timelapse photography with my old 8mm film camera. i could keep going on but don't want to bore others with my own excitement in reminiscing :D