Maker Trainer - RC Flyer

Tell us about your projects. Update us regularly.
Jubbp
Master Maker

Maker Trainer - RC Flyer

Post by Jubbp » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:14 pm

So I've had my running career put on hold for 6 months so I thought I'd get around to making a remote control plane.

I made a start on it today and printed out the plans and started attaching them to the foam boards. Once I've saved a bi of cash, I'll buy the electronics.

http://goo.gl/x9MyEo

_KW06134.jpg
_KW06134.jpg (2.22 KiB) Viewed 5061 times

More to come...

shanevi
Mini-Maker

Re: Maker Trainer - RC Flyer

Post by shanevi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:55 am

Awesome :)
The weather is getting better for flying again to :D

seaton
Master Maker

Post by seaton » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:10 pm

shanevi wrote:Awesome :)
The weather is getting better for flying again to :D

It sure is, I'm hoping to get out this weekend for some FPV learning on the Quad if the weathers good.

shanevi
Mini-Maker

Post by shanevi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:40 pm

:)
I'm having to 'relearn' how to pilot mine. it's been months since out flying

would love to see video

seaton
Master Maker

Post by seaton » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:19 am

shanevi wrote::)
I'm having to 'relearn' how to pilot mine. it's been months since out flying

would love to see video

I've been flat out at work lately (hence not been on forum lately) but if you want to go out one fine weekend let me know. I do have a heaps of footage, mainly of crashes, but again I haven't had time to put anything up.

I ended up buying a cheap, aka $40 indoor micro quad from Deal extreme so I can practice indoors at night or if the weather's bad, the cat does;'t like it lol, but starting to getting the feel of it.

I've also assembled a blackout mini quad and have had a couple of flights I've used a flip32 flight controller (same as a Naze32) which is a 32bit flight controller and is rock solid, basically this is a 220 quad racer with a carbon fibre frame and 5" props, tough as nails and this thing absolutely screams do a search on blackout mini quad and you'll find tons of great footage. I've had some serious crashes with this (head on into an aluminium goal post and it bounced off haha)

I had my first real FPV flight a few weeks ago on the way home from work and it's a totally different experience, lots of crashing, lots of broken props and lots of fun haha.

I haven't been since as I was waiting for a bulk order of props to arrive as was getting low, which they have, so I'm all set for the spring weather.

Stephen...