MOSFET Sampler PCB

Tell us about your projects. Update us regularly.
parkview
Guru Maker

MOSFET Sampler PCB

Post by parkview » Fri May 12, 2023 1:09 pm

Over time, my boards have become more dense, as I learn more and try to make things smaller. I started with SOT-23 sized generic MOSFETs and over time have purchased smaller and smaller MOSFETs, with last year getting down to DFN1006 (1mm x 0.6mm) sized components. I place them on the solder pasted pads and kind of cross my fingers that all is ok. They are sooo small that I don't think I can or need to go smaller. Plus, the Rds is up to the 0.5 ohm range, mind you they can still switch one amp or so.

While I have a simple home spun Python script to allow me to display and search a DB of parts, it doesn't do a great job of looking over all the Rds and Vgs and Ids values, so I created a simple spreadsheet that lists them all out so I can lookup a MOSFET package style, and compare other values etc:
20230512-130319.png
20230512-130319.png (289.53 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
Most of these have been purchased from LCSC, so I also download their datasheets from the site. These download nicely with the P/N and some data in the file name. Knowing the year helps me to locate the purchase from the specific yearly worksheet list of purchases.

The other day I needed a smaller, but low Rds MOSFET to squeeze into a previously used DFN3333 P-MOSFET. I found there is a JMTV210P02A - DFN2020 size that was perfect. It was then I thought it would be handy to be able to quickly see all the different MOSFET/Transistor packages/styles that I currently have at home, so I made up this PCB that I can add to my collection of other Sampler PCBs (USB Connector - Tactile Switchs):
MOSFET_Sampler_v0.5_front.png
MOSFET_Sampler_v0.5_front.png (73.25 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
MOSFET_Sampler_v0.5_back.png
MOSFET_Sampler_v0.5_back.png (100.57 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
NOTE: the MOSFET dimensions listed on the back are kind of approximate, as each manufacture will be slightly different, so really it should just be used as a rough guide.

parkview
Guru Maker

Re: MOSFET Sampler PCB

Post by parkview » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:06 pm

Another lovely component sample board:
MOSFET_Footprints_v0.5.jpg
MOSFET_Footprints_v0.5.jpg (89.19 KiB) Viewed 6182 times

The DFN1006 and SOT-883 are very small and fiddly to get into place. I think the SIT-883 has a large pad size, so maybe better to use than a DFN1006?