IOS App Development

Tell us about your projects. Update us regularly.
Jubbp
Master Maker

IOS App Development

Post by Jubbp » Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 am

Just thought I'd update you on whats been going on, and why the other projects have pretty much stalled...

Over the last month i have been teaching myself IOS App development.

it began with the deployment of an API to access our maintenance management system a work. We can now securely transfer information in and out of our servers. This was a fun work project and we are constantly improving our other apps to take advantage of the API.

One hole in our system was the entry of Prestart records were entered from paper forms and this is causing a delay in the information on these forms making it into the database. We use these records to schedule our maintenance so a 30 hours delay minimum on the entry of this information was/is causing delays all they way down the line.

So, i decided to develop an iPhone app for our staff to enter the prestart information at the source and not on paper.

IMG_1139.jpg
IMG_1139.jpg (22 KiB) Viewed 8589 times

I now have an appreciation of how much work a simple app can be. Many hours on youtube watching tutorials and even more time reading the developer documentation from Apple and I finally have a rudimentary app which at least looks like it works.

This is mainly a proof of concept app which I will present to the management at work to demonstrate it usefulness and then hopefully they will get behind the project and I can then take it to the next level and work on it officially (and maybe get paid for it )

DJCoopes
Mini-Maker

Re: IOS App Development

Post by DJCoopes » Tue May 07, 2019 9:08 am

Cool Project!
Question though; Why IOS and not Android (JAVA) ?
10 poke 53281,0
20 poke 646,5
30 poke 53280,0
40 poke 647,0
50 print " **** commodore 64 basic v3 ****"
60 print " "
70 print " 64k ram system 38911 basic bytes free"
80 print " "
90 print "ready."

Jubbp
Master Maker

Post by Jubbp » Tue May 07, 2019 9:20 am

Mainly because we have a fleet of 220 iPhones and 3 Samsung’s.

seaton
Master Maker

Post by seaton » Tue May 07, 2019 4:24 pm

nice one Phil, yes would like a rundown on your progress and any tips and traps