Cargo Smaller

Tell us about your projects. Update us regularly.
BeJay
Maker

Cargo Smaller

Post by BeJay » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:12 pm

I got a new work car this month, and sort to fit a pi powered cam to it.

Something I noticed was the new B+ series Pi's don't emit as much EMI as the older Pis.

hmm

parkview
Guru Maker

Re: Cargo Smaller

Post by parkview » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:46 pm

another interesting project there BJ.

What's in the LH green box?

Is that a webcam, or have you made your own housing for the RPi camera? Are you georeferencing the photos?

Yes, I want to have a play with SDR for testing/benchmarking RPi RFI issues. I am (hopefully) close to ordering one of these: http://redpitaya.com/features-2-2/ for it's frequency spectrum analyser and to compare against the RPi SDR. I presume you have access to some professional spectrum analyser gear? Do you have any blogable info?

BeJay
Maker

Re: Cargo Smaller

Post by BeJay » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:01 pm

Well I had my blog hacked again.. so I'm trying to recover from that now... but yes I have noticed a significant difference in EMI from the A/B to the B+ with the supplied 150mm cable that comes with the camera. Indeed I have a wide range SA (Spectrum Analyser) that if I could get time to use it again soon, I will bring a USB stick to pull the data, but it was roughly half the RFI / EMI than the same rig on a B pi for reference.

Yes it is a normal PiCamera with an iphone wide angle 120 lens epoxied onto my 3D printed case for it.

The LH yellow/green box is a generic USB 12 chan GPS I had laying around ;)