Incorporation

Jubbp
Master Maker

Incorporation

Post by Jubbp » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi Makers,

Our last meeting was supposed to be our incorporation meeting but again life has conspired against us and the core of our group was unable to attend to ensure we had enough people to out their name to the documents.

Our next meeting in February is likely to be the next time we can get together officially. I would like to tie down some of the details before then so we know where we are heading well before we turn up.

What do we require? At this stage we need 5 people to stand up and sign the document incorporating us as an association. These people would form a committee to manage the association. We need a ChairPerson, a Secretary and a Treasurer to be selected from these 5 people and the other 2 become committee members.

The two committee members will be required to attend one or two extra meetings per year to discuss club business. The three executive positions do require a little work and do come with some responsibilities.

At the stage, from discussions at our last meeting, Paul Hamilton will nominate for the Chairperson position pm and I would put my name forward as the treasurer. so we are looking for a secretary.

These positions would be ratified at the meeting in February.

What are everyone's thoughts about incorporation? Anyone willing to kick of our club and sign up for a little extra work?